Job Title: (Senior) Tax Associate with Inbound International Experience
Location: NYC Metropolitan Area
Field/Department: Accounting/Tax Consulting/Tax Department
The New York Tax Group (www.tnytg.com) is a boutique U.S. tax consulting firm which specializes in providing customized tax services to German-speaking individuals and German, Swiss and Austrian companies with inbound operations/investments in the U.S.
Our team consists of highly qualified German tax consultants (Steuerberater) and Certified Public Accountants (CPAs). Based on our extensive know-how, longstanding professional experience in Germany and the U.S. in addition to our familiarity with our clients' culture and language we build a bridge between both sides of the Atlantic.
We are currently seeking a (Senior) Tax Associate with Inbound International Experience. The ideal candidate
- is highly motivated, an out-of-the-box thinker who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment and has the ability to work independently and in a team
- has extensive experience with international tax issues as they relate to foreign individuals, foreign and U.S. partnerships as well as U.S. subsidiaries of foreign corporations
- Assist in preparation of Federal, State and Local tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts and estates
- Assist in international tax planning and structuring for investments in the U.S. under application of tax treaties
- Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts and apply tax knowledge to client situations
- Thoroughly and accurately analyze information
- Prepare practical and effective approaches to clients’ tax situations and arrive at appropriate conclusions
- Participate in and contribute to achieving team goals
- Ability to speak, read and write fluent German (bi-lingual German/English)
- 2+ years of relevant tax experience at a large company or comparable experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or tax
- CPA/German Tax Consultant (Steuerberater) a plus
- Excellent organizational, analytical/research and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), CCH ProSystem fx Tax and QuickBooks
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate results to the team
- Ability to effectively analyze, organize, and prioritize workflow according to internal and external deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication/personal skills and contributor to team chemistry
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume and cover letter in German to Arne Volkers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to provide a description of your work experience, a copy of your educational and professional certifications and your salary requirements. In addition, please indicate if you are legally authorized to work in the U.S. or if you will now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.