Job Title: Intern/Trainee/OPT
Location: NYC Metropolitan Area
Field/Department: Accounting/Tax Consulting/Tax Department
The New York Tax Group (www.tnytg.com) is a boutique U.S. tax consulting firm which specializes in providing customized tax services to German-speaking individuals and German, Swiss and Austrian companies with inbound operations/investments in the U.S.
Our team consists of highly qualified German tax consultants (Steuerberater) and Certified Public Accountants (CPAs). Based on our extensive know-how, longstanding professional experience in Germany and the U.S. in addition to our familiarity with our clients' culture and language we build a bridge between both sides of the Atlantic.
We are currently seeking an Intern/Trainee/OPT for a duration of at least one year. The ideal candidate
- is highly motivated, an out-of-the-box thinker who enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment and has the ability to work independently and in a team
- has extensive prior knowledge about German and international tax law and is willing to learn intensively about U.S. tax law
- Assist in preparation of Federal, State and Local tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts and estates
- Assist in international tax planning and structuring for investments in the U.S. under application of tax treaties
- Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts and apply newly learned U.S. tax knowledge to client situations
- Thoroughly and accurately analyze information
- Assist in preparing practical and effective approaches to clients’ tax situations and arrive at appropriate conclusions
- Participate in and contribute to achieving team goals
- Ability to speak, read and write fluent German (bi-lingual German/English)
- Prior work experience and completed training as Steuerfachangestellter/Steuerfachwirt/Bilanzbuchhalter a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or tax
- CPA/German Tax Consultant (Steuerberater) a plus
- Excellent organizational, analytical/research and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate results to the team
- Ability to effectively analyze, organize, and prioritize workflow according to internal and external deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication/personal skills and contributor to team chemistry
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume and cover letter in German to Arne Volkers at email@example.com. Please make sure to provide a description of your work experience and a copy of your educational and professional certifications.